Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Beach Bums

After a great week with my Dad and step mom, Kim, I met up with my Mom and step dad, Kent. We will be road tripping our way up to PA, visiting family along the way. Our first stop was my step brother Josh's house to visit him and his wife, Jessie, and their daughters, Hannah and Mikayla. We had a wonderful visit. I had not seen then in a very long time, and I enjoyed seeing my beautiful, delightful nieces. Hannah wanted us to go to the beach, so Josh and Jessie took us to the beach at Ft. Fisher.


The water was a little cold for us to go swimming, but the weather was beautiful for wading and gathering seashells. We even found a jellyfish that had washed up!


The girls had a good time. Hannah and her mom played around climbing on the rocks and jumping from pylon to pylon. Hannah is an excellent jumper!


Mikayla is a doll! She is a very good-natured little girl, and enjoyed playing with a bag full of shells her sister had collected.


This trip also marks the first time my Mom and I had been on the beach together. We have each been to the beach, but never at the same time.


I had a fabulous time at the beach with my family, and hope to go again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment