Sunday, January 1, 2012

Through the Looking Glass

While dreams mesmerize my wandering mind, my eyes are drawn to see
the light as it catches the sparkling patches of crystalline frost around me.

I think about life, about death, about life
I ponder on this, and what is and what could
and what is, may, never, and possibly be...

Cool grass as it gives under foot in the sun, the sounds of nature creating sweet song,
Peace tumbling in on a branch swaying by, and joy approaching on a birds journey long.

Deep sigh of contentment, snuggling in amongst blanket and body by embers alight,
Learn and pretend, just to enjoy, the heavenly host twinkling so bright.

So tantalizing are words on pages, the feel and the smell,
as rich as they are, can hardly compare to the delightful stories they tell.
Pair all the assets they bear with lips and with breath and with air,
sit back and enjoy the resulting tale, delivered with passionate care.

No comments:

Post a Comment