Monday, July 26, 2010

Project Runaway

Want to runaway in style? Well then, I have the solution for you! Forget the old stick and handkerchief, why not just tie your kerchief onto fashion handles? Or, for a more time consuming activity why not cut out matching sized squares of fabric in two colors, sew them together, add a completely useless flap and a few pleats then tie them to the handles and call it a reversible hobo bag? It doesn't close and is vast enough to double as a rain poncho, if only it were water proof! Well, I did have fun spending time with my mom ( who also made an identical bag) and maybe I can use it to carry produce at a farmers market...if the handles don't fall off!

2 comments:

  1. I had the same thought about farmers market. And you could make the sunhats to match the bag too! So you're uber hobo fashionistas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is cracking me up right now. seriously, my roommates probably think I'm crazy. I didn't know you had a blog! Looking forward to hearing more once you have internet access!

    ReplyDelete