Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Tribute to the Wonderful Things

There are many wonderful things to experience in this life, and I believe one of these experiences is having a small child fall asleep on you. How comforting it is to feel the weight of their body pressed against yours. How sweet to listen to their soft breaths as they slumber. How mesmerizing it is to watch their expressions as they dream-of what, we know not. Today I spent three hours with Sam as he napped in my arms. (This was a special occasion, for this is the first time he has fallen asleep for me!) I treasure these times, and I enjoy taking the opportunity to lay hands on the special sleeping wee one and pray over them.

For Samuel:

The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.
Numbers 6:24-26

I pray that you will be conscious of the Lords guiding hand, and still that you may hear the Spirits whispers; I pray that you will be bold and courageous for Adonai your God, and observant of His commands all the days of your life.

Samuel, you not only have the potential, but the ability to accomplish many amazing things. I am blessed to watch you as you grow, and I am ready to support and encourage you in any way possible. I am proud of you, and I love you very, very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment