Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Changing

Changing is an interesting thing. There are so many things that can be changed, so few elements of life are fixed. Some things just take a little more stick-to-it-iveness. Like the difference between changing your mind and changing your habits. I have made some decisions to change a few things in my life (oddly enough, these are not inspired by the new year. The timing is merely coincidence.), but now I need to effectively implement these changes. Often I become mired in my shortcomings and failures. It is crippling. Very. So, I think one of the things to actively change first is my view. I am going to try something, thanks to the inspiration of Ann Voskamp. (another odd fact is that I was reading her book One Thousand Gifts quite some time ago, and did not even realize she was, like, famous, or at least very well known... I tend to do that...) I am going to record my blessings. I am going to try her 1,000. To help me gain perspective. I am greatly blessed. And always have been. I was reminded of this earlier this day as I flipped through photo albums before putting them back where they live throughout the year, except for Christmas, when we rearrange everything to accommodate the decorations. 

Here it goes! This will be more for me than anything, especially since I am sure I have lost my miniscule following due to lack of posts...

What are YOU trying to change?

1 comment:

  1. I want to change a lot this year. Not a new years resolution-more than that. Its been trying to happen for awhile. I want to be a better mom and wife. I often feel like I fail miserably because there are not enough hours in the day to get it all done. With working full time, going to school full time to finish my degree, and just dealing with life, I often feel like I miss out on the important moments (like just talking with my family and sitting down to a family dinner) and don't have time for the less important moments (like cleaning). I want to change all that. It starts with putting Christ back in center. If I am going to make changes in who I am and what I can accomplish I need to put Christ back in the center of my life. Without Him I can accomplish nothing. Me and TJ need to find a new church, work together as a team to get things done, and do more planned family activities. Including losing some weight as we would like to try to have a baby sometime soon and I don't think I will be able to until I lose some of this weight and get healthier.

    I've never read the book you discussed. Was it pretty good? (I've actually never heard of the author...is that bad?) But it sounds like a good starting place for you. Focusing on our blessings and not the bad things in life is always a good way to start because it changes us from the inside out. A good Attitude leads to good Thoughts which leads to good Feelings which leads to Good Actions. Good luck sweetie. And know that if you need support we are here.

    I know that I don't know you as well as TJ but know that he thinks you are something special and I want to support you in any way I can as well.

    ReplyDelete