Monday, February 21, 2011

Amazing Provision

The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them. Genesis 3:21

For some reason this verse has been on my mind a lot in the past week or so. I had never really bothered thinking about it very much before. Yeah, so Adam and Eve knew they were naked, it was their own fault. They ate the fruit they were told not to eat, but among all the punishments for their disobedience God still was providing for them. He had compassion on them even as he banished them from the garden. He didn't just send them packing in their fig leaves. He knew they were embarrassed and ashamed, so he made clothes for them. How awesome is that?! This has been encouraging to me because sometimes I mess up, but according to this, God will still provide!

Thank you Lord for your never ending love and provision in every aspect of life. Though I falter and wander, you are always there to guide and steady me. I am truly blessed indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment