Monday, February 28, 2011

A Birthday, a Girl and a Violin


Valerie had her birthday on Saturday, so naturally we had cake for breakfast! I got an angel food cake (I know, I am a slacker, I should have made it myself, but lets not dwell on my short-cut.) and made fresh whipped cream to smear all over the cake then I filled the center with fresh sliced strawberries and decorated the edge with more strawberries. It was a very tasty breakfast!


Then she opened her gift from Amol...


a violin! She was so happy, and truly surprised! She couldn't wait to have Matt help her tune it and give her a lesson. She took it to church with us the next day and watched with much excitement as Matt assembled, complimented, and tuned her new instrument.

3 comments:

  1. MMmmmmmm, cake for breakfast...oh goodness! But it was healthy though, because of the strawberries, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too exciting! And I love how Sam is sneaking in for a bit of cake-topping amidst the excitement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes, I do look like Tevje! What a fun and great birthday it must have been!

    ReplyDelete